Statement on personal data protection
Consensus Communications, d. o. o., with registered office in Slovenia (Cankarjeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana), fiscal code SI 86431340, company reg. no.: 1932870000 (hereinafter: the Data Controller), as the manager of H2020 NEWCOMERS project’s communications and dissemination activities, respects your privacy and undertakes to protect the personal data it receives from you. We dedicate considerable attention to this aspect of our web activities. Our Data Protection Policy complies with the applicable regulations governing personal data protection as well as other legal provisions.
To effectively protect your data from random or intentional manipulations, loss, destruction and/or to prevent unauthorised third parties from accessing your data, we apply technical and organisational safety measures that are upgraded in line with technological development and legal amendments.
In the continuation, we inform you about which personal data of yours we collect and what we use it for, how we protect it, and how you can change your data by yourself.
Which personal data do we process and for what purpose?
The explicit and voluntary provision of personal data provided by you is essential in order to have access to certain services offered by the Data Controller through the website (e.g. Newsletter Subscription) and to receive the requested update. This involves the collection of personal data - contact details (e-mail address), as well as any other personal data that are required to respond to requests or to provide the available services. Consensus doesn’t collect nor treat sensitive data. Your data are part of our general database that we utilize to organize dissemination, communication and networking activities related to the projects that we are working on.
We are using your personal data for the following treatments:
- To send newsletters and information about the activities carried out by the NEWCOMERS Consortium by means of web-‐based contact methods (e-mail);
- To provide information and answers about our activities, research results and content from the projects we work on;
- To carry out statistics and reports in anonymous form (e.g. assessment of the download of the materials provided, the number of times a website was accessed, the most visited pages, the average visit duration, the country of origin of users etc.);
- To carry out other legitimate purposes, as well as other lawful purposes, such as communication activities in relation to other similar topics, projects or about other networking activities of the Data Controller.
Once the project to which you have subscribed is terminated, your personal data might be treated as per Art.2 in other similar, energy-related projects where Consensus Communications carries out communication activities.
How we protect your data
All of the above-mentioned data is stored on the Data Controller’s server until one year after NEWCOMERS project ends (i. e. May 2023) and/or until you withdraw your consent.
Consensus can use personal data in an anonymised summary form for the statistical analysis purposes. Your personal data will never be forwarded to unauthorised persons.
The collected and processed data will only be disclosed in compliance with the law or in good faith that such action is necessary for the purpose of proceedings before courts or other state bodies as well as for the purpose of protecting and implementing the Data Controller’s legitimate interests.
The user is held responsible for protecting their personal data as well, namely they must take care of the security of their computer and the operating system which they use to place orders.
Who we forward your personal data to
Your personal data is neither forwarded nor disclosed to third persons (outside Consensus Communications and the NEWCOMERS project), except those holding a written agreement with us for performing certain activities related to data processing and those we are obliged to interact with in compliance with the legislation on personal data processing and protection (i.e. contractual data processors). Contractual data processors we forward personal data include:
- designers and maintainers of computer applications, websites and information services,
- software solution developers and implementers,
- data processors engaged by Consensus to provide such services,
- marketing, research and analytics companies,
- outsourced marketing agencies and event organisers.
The Contractual Processors we transmit personal data to is MEMENTO d.o.o., Naselje Gredice 5, 9233 Odranci, Slovenia, fiscal code SI10893598.
Contractual data processors are allowed to process personal data in accordance with our instructions. They are obliged, including their employees, to ensure your personal data remains confidential.
Contractual data processors do not transfer personal data to third countries (outside the European Economic Area – EU members and Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein).
Right of access to information
You have the right to receive, upon request and free of charge, information concerning which of your personal data we are storing. Moreover, you have the right to request the correction, deletion or prohibition of use of incorrect data. In specific circumstances, the deletion of data may be contrary to legal regulations, particularly if intended for accounting and bookkeeping purposes.
You can do the following at any time:
- unsubscribe (cancel) your receipt of e-news by clicking the link and/or by unsubscribing from all e-mails;
- ask for a correction of your personal data by submitting a written request to info@newcomersH2020.eu;
- ask for the permanent deletion of your personal data stored by the Data Controller by submitting a written request to info@newcomersH2020.eu;
- export and inspect your personal data stored by the Data Controller in electronic form by submitting a written request to info@newcomersH2020.eu;
- ask for the permanent deletion or a restriction of processing by submitting a written request to info@newcomersH2020.eu;
- enforce the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you believe that our processing of your personal data violates the General Data Protection Regulation.
Use of Google Analytics services
This website uses Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service provided by the company Google Inc. (hereinafter: Google).
Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website and prepare reports on website activities for the Data Controller as well as for the purpose of other services related to use of the website and the Internet. If required, Google will forward such information to third persons, namely to the legally prescribed extent and provided that third persons process such data based on Google’s request. Google will in no case merge your IP address with other data stored by Google. By using this website, you declare you agree that Google may process data collected about you in the manner described above and for the purposes stated above.
Our website uses the anonymisation function enabled by Google Analytics. In this framework, the IP addresses are stored and processed only in short form and thus cannot be linked to a person’s identity.
Consensus Communications, d. o. o., Cankarjeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
T: 00 386 1 24 14 600